Sr. Test Lab Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
• Setup and maintain lab test equipment including calibration activities
• .Develop and document new lab processes and procedures
• Identify and implement lab process improvements
• Audit Test Lab services order entries for accuracy
• Route physical parts and Initial mechanical/environmental Lab Requests to Test Lab Specialists
• Tests product utilizing X ray and CT scan machines
• Conducts Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA’s) on products tested.
• Responsible for being able to operate all lab test equipment
• Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, and nature of technical problem.
• Tests new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
• Responsible for creating reports to record test procedures and results, and numerical and graphical data.
• Collaborates with engineering and scientific staff on testing results.
• Completion of a Associates degree in engineering from an accredited college or university, technical or vocational school,
• Knowledge in operation of test lab equipment.
• Eight years related experience or training, and / or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and groups of employees.
• Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Loading some great jobs for you...