Applied Scientist - Supply Chain Optimization Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Prediction Services is a blended team of researchers and engineers within Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT). Have you ever wondered how Amazon shipped your order so fast? Wondered where it came from or how much it cost us? To help describe some of our challenges, we created a short video about supply chain optimization at Amazon - http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
In Prediction Services we use cutting-edge machine learning and scalable distributed software to predict flows of products between our warehouses world-wide and distribute tens of millions of products every week in the most cost-effective way. Our forecasts are used to pro-actively shift capacity between nodes in Amazon's logistics network and ensure that our customers get their shipments on time with the lowest possible transportation costs.
We are looking for an Applied Scientist who relishes the opportunity to develop novel machine learning approaches and apply them at Amazon's scale. You will collaborate with other scientists, product managers, and business teams to understand the current challenges in our space and tackle supply chain optimization problems that no one else has solved yet. We expect you to deliver end-to-end solutions rather than algorithms and you will work closely with the scientists and engineers on the team to productionize, scale, and deploy your models world-wide.
As part of your daily work you will:
* Use machine learning and analytical techniques to solve challenging business problems.
* Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of data to help automate and optimize key processes.
* Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
* Influence senior leadership on the value propositions and generate new product ideas.
* Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches.
* Work closely with data & software engineering teams to build model implementations and integrate successful models and algorithms in production systems at scale.
* Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
* MS or PhD in Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, or a related field
* Experience with fast prototyping
* Proficiency with a scripting language such as Python
* Multiple years of hands-on experience working on machine learning projects.
* An attitude to continuously innovate and never satisfied with status quo
* Understand business context to decisions made within and across the organization
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Knowledge of AWS Technologies
* Familiar with computer science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Proficiency with a production language such as C++ or Java
* Experience with large scale machine learning applications and tools.
* Ability to innovate in ML and a track record of publications.
Loading some great jobs for you...