Amazon Flex Org
At Amazon, we are building a world class last mile operation with Amazon Flex as a cornerstone of this strategy. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors, called delivery partners, to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, delivery partners are their own boss, build their own schedule, and choose from different types of delivery opportunities (e.g. Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods Market, and Amazon Logistics). Amazon Flex is powered by a mobile app that works in sync with our advanced systems and processes, allowing delivery partners to secure delivery offers, track their delivery progress, and more.
Amazon Flex Field Operations
The Amazon Flex Field Team are the general managers of the Amazon Flex program in their regions. They own the business inputs/outputs, delivery partner experience, provide on-site support for station and business launches, and identify/resolve operational challenges for all delivery stations in their region. They work in partnership with the larger Amazon Flex team, located in the Bellevue, WA corporate office, as well as external stakeholders across multiple organizations. The Field Team is a fast-paced team that creates deep relationships with site operators and translates on-the-ground insights into process improvements that scale across the larger North American network. Team members work remotely and are located in their regions. This role owns the South region, comprised of 10 states including TX, FL, and GA.
The ideal candidate thrives in an ambiguous environment, is a business owner who understands the key levers to drive high performance, and can operationalize and scale those levers. They have a passion for people leadership and are at their best when they are building, developing, and managing a high-performance team. They dive deep, using excellent analytical and problem solving skills to identify root causes and develop action plans. The ideal candidate also communicates effectively with internal and external stakeholders across various levels in the organization, building strong relationships based on collaboration and trust. The ideal candidate also has the ability to stay focused when working autonomously in a remote position.
· Hire, develop, and lead a team of Program Managers, with full responsibility for ensuring high performance of the Flex program across the 10 states in your region
· Own the end-to-end responsibility for the execution and success of all of the programs and initiatives delivered by your team
· Own the business input/output metrics (e.g. cost and quality) and driver experience for your region
· Collaborate with regional stakeholders to build action plans to improve Flex program performance and act as a point of escalation for outstanding issues, questions, and concerns
· Create and maintain strong relationships with regional delivery station leadership by ensuring timely, accurate, and professional operational support within a specified SLA
· Identify, develop, and implement processes and mechanisms to improve regional Flex program performance, including working cross-functionally with internal teams to support the continuous improvement of tools and processes
· Exercise excellent business judgement while deep diving input metrics to proactively identify, action, and/or provide advice on how to drive growth, improve delivery partner experience, and close the gap to goal
· Verify that program policies are functional and consistently enforced at delivery stations, while troubleshooting gaps between product/policy/process and delivery partner experience
· Provide on-the-ground support at delivery stations, to support launches and audit policies/processes (will require travel on short notice to stations for ad hoc requests or escalations)
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 6+ Program or Business Management experience
· 1+ years demonstrated success managing a team with a track record of driving high performance
· Proficiency analyzing data using Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, Charts, Data Validation)
· Ability to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data, and problem-solve efficiently
· Experience leading a new program, defining new processes, and implementing continuous improvements
· Strong oral and written communication skills, with experience writing narratives/docs
· Excellent stakeholder management skills, including work prioritization and planning
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and deadline-oriented work environment
· Willingness to travel and ability to travel by car
· MBA or equivalent master’s level program
· Experience working remotely and managing a remote team
· Experience with transportation and/or logistics
· Experience working with distributed teams, often in different time zones
· Proficiency with tools/systems to analyze data, such as SQL, Tableau, or QuickSight
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...