12C Bridge Crewmember
- Army National Guard
- $100,370.00 - 165,680.00 / Year *
- 1910 Farm to Market Rd 653
- El Campo, TX 77437
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
12C Bridge Crewmember
Job ID: 1058850
Job Views: 20
Location: EL CAMPO, Texas, United States
ZIP Code: 77437
Job Category: Engineer
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Be the first responder when a squad, section, or platoon tackles rough terrain in combat situations. As a Bridge Crewmember in the Army National Guard, your main responsibility will be to provide bridge and rafting support for dry and wet gap crossing operations.
Other duties may include operating bridge truck and light vehicles, preparing bridge sites, assisting in rafting operations, and the assembly of military bridges.
* Assembly and maintenance of military fixed and float bridges
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Road maintenance and repair
* Rough carpentry and rigging
* Use of hand and power tools
* Ability to use hand and power tools
* Perform strenuous physical activities over long periods of time
* Interest in construction and engineering
* Enjoy working outdoors
Through your training, you will develop skills in bridge construction and engineering, which will prepare you for a civilian career in the construction field.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Bridge Crewmembers consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 14 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Your on-the-job training primarily consists of hands-on work in a variety of construction projects.
* Paid training
* A monthly paycheck
* Montgomery GI Bill
* Federal and State tuition assistance
* Retirement benefits for part-time service
* Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
* 401(k)-type savings plan
* Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
* Health care benefits available
* VA home loans
* Bonuses, if applicable
* Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
* Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
* Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
* Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
* Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.