Employment Type: Full-Time
Cloud Imperium Games in Austin, Texas is looking for a Systems Designer to help lead the effort in creating gameplay systems, AI, and tuning of the economy for Star Citizen.
- Design and develop new features for the Persistent Universe, working closely with the Lead Systems Designer and the Game Director to ensure Chris Roberts' vision for Star Citizen becomes reality
- Implement systems and content that leverages the capabilities of existing systems
- Create logical, archetype based AI with our proprietary toolset that can be shared between our locations
- Cleanly implement content with our designer tools and scripting language
- Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible
- Pitch concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems
- Use expert data analysis skills plot how the game is being used
- Draw conclusions and make recommendations for how to improve the experience
- Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management
- Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won't negatively impact other systems or mechanics
- Create and refine gameplay mechanics
- Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks, or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned to support the Sales team, all reasonably consistent with skill set and experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience in game development - in a System/Tech Designer capacity
- Experience (from pre-production to release) 1 large scale, 3D title (PC, current/next-gen consoles)
- Knowledge and experience with a C style programming or a visual scripting language
- Must have knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as weapon balancing, navigation mechanics, basic AI behavior, and scripted sequences
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
- Experience with next generation AAA game engines
- Excellent sense for design and creating outstanding user experiences
- Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without minimal supervision
- Ability to complete tasks within given time constraints
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- Willing to relocate to Austin, Texas
- International Travel may be required as part of the role
- Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting languages
- Experience with building behavior tree based AI
- FPS Experience
- Massively Multiplayer Game experience
- MP debugging experience
- Experience with CryENGINE/LUMBERYARD
- Experience in data analysis
- Strong interest in science fiction based themes
This position is offered at our Austin Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don't think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
Loading some great jobs for you...