GHD is one of the world s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 9000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Help shape the future at GHD where we build strong relationships, exceed the expectations of our clients and create lasting community benefit.
We are looking for a National Service Sector Leader Contamination Assessment & Remediation with experience in the environmental contamination assessment & remediation (CAR) sector in a client development/account management role with Fortune 500 accounts. We are looking for someone who is commercially astute, and comfortable dealing at all levels within a client organization. As a Service Sector Leader you will develop and support implementation of the CAR sector strategy and business plan in line with the North America business plan. This business represents approximately $225M+ in annual revenue for GHD in North America. We are flexible with the location based out of one of our GHD offices in North America.
The successful candidate will have interest in:
Primary Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Develops and supports implementation of Client Market Sector pursuit Strategy and Business Plan in line with North America Strategy and Business Plan.
- Secures new contracts; expands and diversifies services offered to the Top 10 - 20 Clients identified through annual business planning.
- Ensures effective relationships are established and maintained with the sector s Top 10 20 Clients, as well as Sector-related Principals and Project Managers working for those clients
- Expands GHD s client brand awareness in the sector.
- Solicits feedback from Top 10 - 20 Clients regarding GHD s performance and embraces response to the market feedback in Business Planning and implementation.
- Monitors Client Relationship Management plans that apply to the Sector and coaches / develops Relationship Managers.
- Provides leadership for the Sector in the area of Business Development to the dedicated Business Development professionals and Sector-related Principals in line with GHD s values, purpose, goals, and objectives
- Develops and communicates business development and marketing strategies with Business Development professionals, broader North American Principals, and Project Manager base.
- Communicates and integrates development and implementation of Client Market Sector pursuit Strategy and Business Planning in consultation with relevant technical Service Line Leaders.
- Communicates and embraces integration with the broader global GHD business.
- Builds effective relationships with other Service Sector Leaders, Principals, Project Managers, and Pursuit Leaders. Ensures that the Principals and Pursuit Leaders have the materials and resources necessary to deliver quality proposals and SOQs
- Attracts strategic hires for the Sector to diversify capabilities
- Drives and coordinates business development with Top 10-20 Clients including identification of potential alliances, mergers, acquisitions, etc.
- Develops Goals and Actions to implement in alignment with the North America Business Plan and the applicable Regional Business Plans.
- Monitors client activity across the Sector and recommends improved ways of increasing client penetration.
- Monitors the financial metrics for the Client Market Sector and implements improvements to maximize profitability; works with the applicable North American Executive Committee Regional Principals to implement improvements, as necessary.
- Facilitates with GHD Legal and Sector-related Principals to ensure proper Terms & Conditions and other commercial imperatives flow down to vendors and subcontractors to minimize the risk profile.
- Identifies and leads teaming/partnering opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong commitment to client service excellence
- 15+ years in the environmental sector in a client development/account management role with Fortune 500 accounts with a strong focus in contamination, assessment and remediation projects
- MBA is preferred
- Professional Engineering degree required or a related field of study
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Outstanding verbal, written communication skills and well as organizational and presentation skills
This is a lifetime opportunity for individuals who are driven, passionate and looking to be challenged in their leadership and career development. To learn more about why GHD is the perfect place to bring your career, apply today and check out our website at www.ghd.com
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
To apply please attach your resume and covering letter via the link below.
Associated topics: answer, call, cash, customer, financial, oms, options, representative, retail, trader