Description:The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program) is looking for world class talent in Mission Systems and Software to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75 year tradition making history in advanced aircraft development.
This position is with the Advanced Development Programs - ISR Programs in Fort Worth, TX. This specific position is for a Software Lead position to lead a team of software engineers on a program within the ISR portfolio.
This is a technical leadership position where the selected candidate will have technical and leadership experience in areas such as complex software system design, development, and integration, as well as software product management, metrics, and risk analysis/mitigation. The candidate responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, and integration and operational test. Integration activities will include hardware, software and simulated systems in a laboratory environments.
The successful candidate will be a member of a high-performing multi-site team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must have demonstrated effective communication skills as the position will require frequent inter-organizational and outside customer interactions, including executive level communications and presentations. The ability to travel on occasion for team interaction and integration and test activities is required. Experience with UCI standards, C++ plugins, XML, and working in an agile environment is required. Technical leadership experience is required; CAM experience is desired. Experience with modular open mission systems architectures, embedded systems integration, requirements generation, configuration management, and systems interface development is highly desired.
The successful candidate will need to pass a security screening before interview.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Top Secret security clearance updated within the last 5 years to start.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or other Science related discipline
* Experience leading technical teams
* Experience reporting top level EVMS metrics
* Experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD)
* Experience developing applications in Windows
* Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
* Experience documenting designs using UML
* Experience with network based messaging using XML, XSD, and XSLT
* Experience capturing Software Requirements
* Experience with Virtualization Technologies
* Knowledge of Configuration Management Tools (Git, BitBucket, SVN)
* Ability to Travel
* Experience with JIRA
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with aggressive schedules and cost challenges.
* Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
* Strong decision making and judgment
* Oral and written communication skills
* Basic financial and business acumen
* Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results for the business in partnership with program managers and other functional disciplines/organizations as needed
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, c c++, c#, java, matlab, programming, sde, software development engineer, software programmer