Our Client is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Tier 2 Desktop Support Specialist. This Tier 2 Desk Side Support Specialist will be responsible for providing Tier II IT, network, and desktop support to federal and contract employees. Tier 2 Desktop Support Specialist support shall be in person and over the phone via a ticketing system. We are seeking a candidate who can operate in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. This Tier 2 Desk Side Support Specialist position will allow the right candidate the opportunity to establish best practices for service engagement in a technical environment. We are looking for a resource who can work well both independently and in teams to solve challenging IT support issues.
Be able to establish a good rapport with their team and clients
Have an enthusiastic attitude
Desire to learn new skill sets and technologies
- Active Secret Clearance
- Minimum of 2-3 years of enterprise experience in commercial or government environment
- Familiar with all standard MS Office software systems
- The candidate must understand the basics of IT Security (must understand basics of ports, handshakes, vulnerabilities, etc.)
- Possesses knowledge of workstation administration and management including imaging
- Possesses basic network support experience to include account administration in Active Directory environment
- Basic network support experience to include account administration in Active Directory (AD) environment.
The following skills and abilities are required:
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities..
- Strong ethics
- Maintain DoD secret security clearance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including a working proficiency in English.
- Operate and make decisions according to standard policies, procedures and within security parameters.
- Discern priorities; in intra and inter-personal relations.
- Self-motivated, high energy and resourceful with the ability to take ownership of a project or task and be accountable.
Associated topics: client support, customer support, desk, edi, help desk, information technology help desk, msword, system support, technical support, troubleshoot