One of our Austin clients is seeking a Senior Java Developer (Database) to build new features, fix bugs, and maintain hardware appliance and software. This role requires understanding company goals in a dynamic environment. Communication skills are critical to determine requirements. Additionally, we are looking for someone with the desire to learn new technologies.
You will work directly with software and hardware developers as one team. This is a small team that does what it takes to get things done. Along with writing new features, you may work on the build, write manufacturing tests, or cable equipment in the lab. While there is a QA team, you should also enjoy owning and maintaining your own test environment including networking equipment, communication devices, and virtual machines. There are several onsite labs that house test equipment: virtual machine servers, continuous build servers, and test integration systems.
The focus of this position is for a backend Java developer with strong database skills.
· 5+ years of professional Java experience
· Advanced ORM experience (ex. Hibernate)
· Advanced SQL experience and query optimization
· Database schema design · Proficiency with Linux based environments
· Experience writing software at a small company (< 200 total employees)
· Self-driven with excellent communication skills Desired Qualifications
· Experience with database administration (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
· Design, build, maintain, and test core features
· Collaborate with stakeholders to define features
· Assist QA, support, and professional services
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...