AccountingPosition at Tokio Marine HCC
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company's almost 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Director, Corporate Tax
in our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX.Overview
The Senior Director, Corporate Tax directs and manages the overall US income tax return and accounting compliance, tax planning, and tax research. This individual is responsible for developing corporate-wide income tax policies and procedures and assesses and coordinates the implementation of tax software systems to facilitate meeting the Tax department's overall objectives.Performance Objectives
- Prepare a program to direct and manage the US consolidated federal and state income tax compliance function and to develop corporate-wide US tax compliance policies and procedures.
- Establish a process to direct and manage the consolidated annual and quarterly income tax accounting guidelines under various methods of accounting and develop corporate-wide tax accounting policies and procedures.
- Review, assess, and coordinate the implementation of tax and accounting software applications required to meet the department's overall compliance and reporting objectives.
- Contribute in reviewing income tax consequences of corporate mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions.
- Oversee tax legislation and accounting pronouncement activity to determine their impact on the organization and communicate findings to the Vice President & Tax Director and develop tax policy and procedures as necessary to comply with changes in tax law and accounting standards.
- Develop and instruct internally developed tax training courses designed to provide continuing professional education (CPE) training for Tax department personnel.
- Experience: Ideally, the successful candidate will have minimum of twelve years of relevant and progressive professional experience in multiple areas of Tax.
- Minimum of eight years of leadership experience directly related to directing and managing the income tax compliance and accounting functions of a large multinational consolidated group of companies.
- Minimum of 5 years in public accounting, Big 4 preferred
- Strong experience in GAAP and insurance statutory income tax accounting
- Strong experience in corporate consolidated returns and insurance taxation
- Experience in Subchapter C (corporate mergers, acquisitions and dispositions), international taxes, and state income taxes
- Experience with PeopleSoft, ONESOURCE Income Tax and Provision software preferred
- Ability to build trust and relationships on an enterprise level is essential
- Optimization of work processes. Knows the most effective and efficient methods to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude
- Communication: Must be an exceptional communicator and able to make connections across the organization while working with employees in multiple locations
- Educational and skills requirements:
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Accounting, or a related field; master's degree preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com
for more information about our companies.