Principal Data Security Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Whole Foods Market is synonymous with impeccable standards and the highest quality products available. Our Information Technology Team is looking for a Principal Data Security Engineer to help drive and evolve the Data Security program.
This team owns the end-to-end security of all data across Whole Foods Market. You should be highly passionate about data security, integrity and availability. The principal data security engineer will lead a team of security engineers to:
Create Data Value:
•Build Trust with Consumers
•Increase Confidence of Data Driven Decisions
•Monetization through Products and Experience
•Create Secure Environments for Data Optimization (collect, curate, insight, outcomes)
Reduce Enterprise Risk:
•Quantify Data Risk
•Design and Implement Sustainable Data Protection Capabilities
•Utilize and Share Data in an Ethical and Secure Manner
Adapt to Regulations:
•Understand Global Privacy and Cybersecurity Regulatory Landscape
•Build Comprehensive Privacy and Cybersecurity Requirements Frameworks
•Confidently Respond to Inquiries
Responsibilities of the Principal Data Security Engineer:
Innovate, build, and deliver cyber solutions. You need to have a track record of working with high-quality data security technology products and services. We operate in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly, so a passion and discipline around security and delivery is critical. If you enjoy analyzing the security of systems that span from hardware to cloud services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new scenarios, this position will provide you with a great opportunity. You will tackle challenging situations every day and, given the size of this initiative, you will collaborate with various levels of the organization, including the executive team, across multiple business and technology domains across Whole Foods Market and Amazon. As a security leader, you will participate in the Whole Foods Market security strategy build out, road-map planning, project execution scheduling, building a team of security engineers and fostering a strong team culture. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
- Systems thinking, servant leader, and strong interpersonal skills
- Curious, actively seeking ideas and innovations
- Spirit of continuous improvement
- Experimental and focused on measurability
- Values diversity
- Playful spirit and sense of humor
- Ability and patience to take small steps toward a larger goal
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and have fun
- Care for team members, peers, and others
- Celebrates individual and team contributions
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in a technology architecture role, prior retail operations experience, or experience with Amazon technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information security or related field.
- Preferred – Master’s degree in Information Security
- Minimum 7 years of security engineering experience. Preferred 10+ years.
- Proficient at designing and implementing data security architectures at enterprise scale
- Solid understanding of data privacy and data security principles and best practices
- Effective at working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern architecture & engineering team
- Experience with design and implementation of Database Activity Monitoring (DAM) Solutions
- Experience with design and implementation of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution for Endpoint, Network-Email, Cloud
- Experience with design and implementation of Data Discovery solution
- Experience with design and implementation of encryption solutions
- Experience with Certificate Management solution such as RSA, Microsoft, Entrust
- Experience with GCP, Azure. AWS, and other cloud platforms e.g. Salesforce
- Experience with networking, network security, application security
- Knowledge of PCI DSS, SOX, CCPA, HIPAA
- Hold security certifications such as CISSP, CISM, SANS GIAC
This position will be based with the Global Technology Team in Austin, TX.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...