Team Leader - Fixed Assets
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Build and provide leadership to the Global Fixed Assets Accounting Team; provide supervision, training, planning, hiring, performance appraisal/review, coaching and addressing concerns of the team.
- Oversee the detailed, day to day operations/aspects of the Fixed Assets accounting team. This includes reviewing transactional work of other team members to ensure (a) proper accounting for costs (expense vs capital), and (b) proper coding of costs.
- Take responsibility for the more complex activities associated with fixed asset accounting.
- Partner with Senior Fixed Assets accountant to oversee capital IT projects related to fixed assets. This includes, but is not limited to, global hardware purchases and internally/externally developed software. Ensures these projects are appropriately tracked and accounted for in GAAP appropriate manner.
- Oversee the close process, including review of functional area balances, to ensure compliance with accrual basis accounting and ensures all critical close deadlines are met.
- Provide support for audits, as well as suggests ways to strengthen internal controls and make processes more efficient and effective.
- Review, analyze and report on financial transactions.
- Train global and/or regional team members, as needed.
- Develop good working relationships with regional and global business partners. Works with each of these teams to help them understand fixed assets policies, procedures, practices and system changes.
- Act as the accounting representative on task forces and partners with various teams across the business including store development, finance, lease administration and legal.
- Support and participate in the implementation of new systems including, but not limited to, Procure-to-Pay system and ERP replacement.
- Perform special tasks and projects as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or similar field plus 4 or more years of accounting experience preferred.
- CPA certification or eligibility to sit for the exam a plus.
- 2 plus years leading people preferred.
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles, policies and practices. Ability to interpret and apply guidance to complex situations.
- Ability to read and interpret complex leases as it pertains to functional area and relevant decision making.
- Good written, verbal, listening, and communication skills required.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize and independently manage time, able to multitask, and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong Windows and Office Suite skills required (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Experience with construction/capital asset accounting preferred.
- Ability to work with others, direct others, and work cooperatively with Team Members to ensure completion of projects.
- Must be a team player with strong business and reporting ethics.
- Understanding of Whole Foods Market mission, core values, and leadership principles.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Loading some great jobs for you...